عنوان مقاله [English]
US economic sanctions on the Iran's banking sector have made Iran's oil industry more vulnerable than any other industry. In fact, US secondary sanctions, such as extraterritorial sanctions, not only bar non-US banks from any banking transactions with Iran, but also ban Iranian entities from access to strong currencies. The present article reviews, from a practical point of view, certain methods that Iran has used in the face of US banking sanctions to access its most important source of income; i.e., the oil revenues and examines the banking and non-banking solutions and alternatives that has been used by Iran to receive the proceeds of sale of crude oil and oil products.
8. Alizadeh, Parviz; Hakimian, Hassan (2013). Iran and Global Economy:Petro pulism, Islam & Economic Sanctions. London & New York Routledge: Taylor & Francis Group.
9. Carter, Barry E; FARHA, Ryan (2013). “Overview and Operation of U.S. Financial Sanctions”. Including the Example of Iran, Georgetown University Law Center, 44 Geo.J.Int'l L p. 903-913.
10.Clarification-of-financial-sanctions-regulationsele (2018). "Countering the Financial Networks of Weapons Proliferation". Congressional Testimony: Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
11. Chuen, D L K (2015). Handbook of Digital Currency: Bitcoin Innovation, financial instruments, and big data. Academic press.
12. Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (2013). “U.S. and International Sanctions Have Adversely Affected the Iranian Economy”. GAO Report to the Chairman.
13. Executive Order 13599 of February 5 2012, Blocking Property of the Government of Iran & Iranian Financial Institutions.
14. Executive Order 13622 of July 30 2012, Authorizing Additional Sanctions With Respect to Iran.
15. FinCEN Advisory (2018). “Advisory on the Iranian Regime’s Illicit and Malign Activities and Attempts to Exploit the Financial System”.
16. FinCEN Guidance (2006). “Potential Money Laundering Risks Related to Shell Companies”.
17. Katzman, Kenneth (2011). Iran sanctions. CRS Report for Congress, Congressional Research Service.
18. ___ (2012). Iran sanctions. CRS Report for Congress, Congressional Research Service.
19. ___ (2015). Iran sanctions. CRS Report for Congress, Congressional Research Service.
20. OFAC Advisory (2013). “The Use of Exchange Houses and Trading Companies to Evade U.S. Economic Sanctions against Iran”.
21. Ottolenghi, Emanu Bauer, Katherine (2016). “Potential U.S. Clarification of Financial Sanctions Regulations” (April 5, 2016). At: https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/potential-u.s.-17.
22. Slavin, Barbara (2011). “Iran Turns to China, Barter to Survive Sanctions”. Atlantic Council: The South Asia Center.
23. Zarate, Juan C (2013). Treasury’s War (The Unleashing of a New Era of Financial Warfare). New York: Public Affairs.
24.Dargahi, Borzou (2018). "How Iran Can Evade Sanctions This Time". https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/iran-sanctions-trump-nuclear-turkey/560819/ (Accessed 22 May 2018).
25.Emam, Farhad (2016). "Financial Channels of Iran during the Sanctions". http://www.verificata.com/Report/Details/1093/Financial-Channels-of-Iran-During-the-Sanctions?lang=en (Accessed 1 Jan 2016).
26. European Central Bank., Virtual Currency Schemes. Technical Report, October. Available at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/ virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf, 2012.
27. Farah, Douglas (2008). "Iran Moving Banking Operations to Venezuela". Friday May 30, 2008:http://blog.douglasfarah.com/article/356/iran-moving-banking-operations-to-venezuela.com (Accessed 12 October 2020).
28. Fineren, Daniel (2012). "Barter, other steps help Iran firms beat sanctions". February 29, 2012:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-trade/barter-other-steps-help-iran-firms-beat-sanctions-idUSTRE81S12G20120229
34. https://arzdigital.com/low-impact-iran-sanctions-with-bitcoin/ (Accessed 9 October 2020).
37. https://tejaratnews.com319031 (Accessed 9 October 2020).
38. "How Can Iran Circumvent American Sanctions?". https://www.managementstudyguide.com/iran-circumvent-american-sanctions.htm (Accessed 5 Nov 2018).
39. "How does Iran plan to get around US Sanctions? Use other currencies". https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/2166349/how-does-iran-plan-get-around-us-sanctions-use-other (Accessed 30 Sep 2018).
44. Uppal, Rachna, and Martina Fuchs. 2012. "U.S. targets Dubai bank over Iran dealings". February 29, 2012: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-sanctions-noor/u-s-targets-dubai-bank-over-iran-dealings-idUSTRE81S0HF20120229
45. "US unmasks Iranian front companies". 2012: https://www.france24.com/en/20120712-united-states-unmask-iranian-sanction-evaders-european-union-tehran